Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kevin's Surprise Birthday Party

This past Saturday we celebrated Kevin's 26th birthday with a surprise party.



I've been working on pulling this together for the past month, and it's been so hard not to blow the secret!  I really didn't end up putting as much into the "theme" as I had hoped, but the party was still a huge success!  I was originally going for a vintage travel/plane theme.  In the end, I'm not sure if I accomplished that, but the point was for Kevin to have a great time with his friends and family and I know for a fact that he did.




It took a lot longer than expected to get Kevin out of the house on Saturday afternoon, so we only had about 45 minutes to finish the food, pick up food and last minute supplies from the store, and set everything up.  The guests started arriving around 4pm while I was still at the grocery store!  Luckily, my mother in law saved the day and started entertaining and putting people to work to pull everything together.  Thank you especially to her, but also to the others who helped make everything perfect before Kevin arrived.



Kevin and his Dad joined the party a little after 5pm.


We ate, drank, and visited for the rest of the evening. The weather was pretty crazy, though, and we even had a tornado warning.  Of course I was the only one concerned about that!  Because it is so dark and we barely have any lighting in here at this point, a lot of my pictures are kind of blurry.  So annoying, but what can you do?
















After the storm had passed, and we took Kevin out for a little while in Bel Air.  Kevin's parents stayed with Kerriann while she slept (thank you again!), and we enjoyed a great evening out with adult conversation.  I think we are still recovering from the sleep we lost that night (which is why I'm just now getting around to posting).  We just can't stay up late and wake up at 7am like we used to!



Thanks again to all of Kevin's friends who made the trip for the party.  It really meant so much to both of us to have you all here.  Can't wait until we can all get together again!


Happy Birthday Kevin, WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment