Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Extreme Couponing

Would any of my readers consider themselves "extreme couponers?"

After watching a segment on the Today Show this morning about two women who saved over $40,000 just by clipping and using coupons, I am inspired to give this a shot.  I know I am not going to put six hours of planning into finding and clipping coupons before each trip to the grocery store, but it would be great to save even an extra 25% off of our weekly grocery bill.  These ladies were saving between 94 and 98%!  Crazy!


So if you would consider yourself a "couponer," what are your best tips?  Are there any special websites or blogs that you frequent to find deals or coupons?  I'd love to hear what they are!

2 comments:

  1. I watched that segment too (the today show is my fave :p)...but, those women did get good deals, but at the same time they literally have grocery stores in their houses because they basically buy stuff in bulk. The most I've ever saved percent-wise was 76% at Kroger. I went in for a quick trip and got something like $33 worth of stuff for $8...I know that's not a big deal but it was all name brand stuff! Also, though, on my big grocery shopping days, i've saved about 60% - I usually get about $150 worth of stuff for about 60-70 bucks. If you're going to start couponing, I'm not a 'pro' haha but I would suggest clipping coupons from the Sunday newspaper inserts and finding the best deal at all the drug stores and grocery stores and plan where to buy what. Also, some stores like target have their own 'store' coupons online that you can combine with the 'manufacturer' coupons that you clip so it's like using 2 coupons on one thing. Kroger has e-coupons too that they used to let you use the ecoupon and a manufacturer coupon (and it was AMAZING deals) but they quit letting you use both cause I think ppl were saving too much lol. Hope this helps at least a little bit! :) I LOVE saving money - I feel like it's my way of 'making' money for our family since I don't have a real job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Also watched this! I have a couple friends that do this, really well too. It is very inspiring but I wouldn't know the first thing. I joked about dumpster diving for them. Lol anyway, I'm Robin, I stopped by from FTLOB and I love your blog and am your newest follower. I hope you are ale to visit me also happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete