Saturday, April 23, 2011

Project 365-Day 100 Reflections

Over the past 100 days I have been trying my best to keep up with my Project 365 Blog, 365 Moments in Time, as well as this blog.  My goal was to take at least one photo every day for a full year.  So far I think I have done pretty well.  I have missed a few days here and there due to illnesses (the last thing you want to do when you have food poisoning is think about picking up your camera), but other than that I've been able to at least snap a quick picture on my phone.

Day 6

I was hoping that through this project I would increase my photography skills and come out with some really awesome photos to show for my hard work at the end.  I also thought it would be great to be able to look back at this year and remember what I was doing on certain days.  It's easy to forget the less important days of the year, but all it takes is one photo to jog your mind and then you can actually remember that walk through the woods or random trip to the grocery store.

Day 34

At 1/3 of the way through, I think my photography skills have improved, but I know I still have a long way to go.  A lot of days it has felt like a chore to attempt to get a good quality photo to share.  Other days I'm entirely motivated and can't wait to load what I've taken onto my computer to pick a favorite.  I guess that's the way it goes with anything, you can't be "on" every single day.

Day 44

I really want to make more of an effort for the next 265 days to really improve my technique.  I think it will be much easier once the weather warms up and we can get outside.  There is only so much you can do when you have dark winter lighting to work with!  I hate using my flash, so I try to squeeze in as many great photos of Kerriann as I can playing near the windows on sunny days.

Day 97

I think I'm also going to start sharing my photos each week on this blog in collage form, because I doubt anyone really looks at the other blog. ;)  But whether anyone else ever checks out the pictures or not, they're really for ME (and Kerriann someday).  I can't wait to look back on them all at the end of the year and remember the little moments that I have forgotten!

Check back soon for DAY 100! :)

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful photos! Great job! I love the one of your adorable little girl reading! So sweet!

    Simply Kate

    ReplyDelete