Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Church and the Park

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but we haven't been to mass since we moved here in February.  Every week we have intentions of going, but then we're out of town, we have company, we're sick, etc.  On Sunday, we were feeling a little under the weather, but we were here and had no company, so we decided to give it a shot.

We had no clue how Kerriann would do, but she ended up doing great.  We were so proud!  We were late so we ended up being seated in the very first row, beside the cantor.  That made us a little nervous... but Kerriann entertained herself by sitting on the kneeler and looking through books.  She loved the singing and clapped when each song finished.  We went to St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Havre de Grace, and the priest was very nice and welcoming.  We might try going to mass at the chapel on base, but this church is closer so hopefully it will work out for us while we are living here.

Here's a picture of Kerriann after church. I really wanted to get a good one of her dressed up to show my mom because this dress was a gift from her, but all she was interested in was taking a "horsey ride" on her wiggle skate car.


After Kerriann's nap (actually, she didn't nap, so it was just quiet time) we decided to take her to the park down the street and for a walk on the trail.  It was around 60 degrees and perfect weather for getting outside.


We stayed until Kevin and I were both tired of going through the tunnel and down the slide with her, because she's still too small to do it alone.  Kevin sent her down the slide alone once and by the time she got to the bottom (where I was waiting, luckily) she was upside down!  It didn't phase her, but it really scared me so we won't be trying that again for awhile.


Beside the park there are some ruins of an old building that I love to take photos of.  We haven't figured out what this building used to be yet, so I'll have to do some research and get back to you!


The flower bushes and trees around the park are also in full bloom right now! Check out the little red lady bug on this one...



PS you'll notice that I've decided to start watermarking my photos (the little words in the bottom right hand corner).  I'm doing this because I've heard of blogger's photos (of their kids!) being stolen and used by crazies on their own blogs, claiming that these are their children, when in reality the photos are stolen from others.  I'll probably change the watermark when I have more time to make it a little prettier, but for now this one will do the job!  Apparently if you are using a watermark and your photos are stolen, you can take legal action.  I doubt anyone will ever try to use our photos, but I think it's better to be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment