Friday, April 22, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Naptime?

I think the time has come, and I'm just not ready.  I'm pretty certain Kerriann isn't actually ready either, but she's pushing in that direction and I'm not sure how to stop her.  The past two days she hasn't napped even though she's looked exhausted.  She's falling more, getting hurt more, much more cranky and she says "No!" a lot more too.  She's not my happy baby.  It's crazy how different she is on days when she is well rested.  It's hard being home with her all day when she's not in a great mood, and I find myself letting her watch Elmo and Dora more than I probably should.  At least it keeps her from crying and getting hurt, and keeps my sanity a little more intact.

For moms with older kids, how did you know when it was time?  What did you do to ease the transition?  I've already started putting her to bed earlier but in turn she has been waking up earlier which seems to make her act even worse during the day.

Today I wanted to participate in a photo challenge that encourages moms to get in front of the camera with their kids.


One Day At A Time


I barely have any pictures of myself with Kerriann, though I have thousands of her, and probably a hundred of her with Kevin.  So I sat down and tried to get a few using the self timer and she was not having it.  She kept pushing me away and wanted to grab the camera.  Oh well!  Instead, here's one of us with Kevin from Sunday when we visited the Inner Harbor.  It's still not very great, but it's the best of the worst.  I'll share more photos from that as soon as I can.


Next week's theme is "Easter" so hopefully we'll be able to get at least one half way decent photo of us together over the weekend.  I'll have to recruit Kevin to help with that.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Great job sharing a picture of you and your sweetie pie!!! It isn't an easy challenge that's for sure so every time you accomplish it props to you!! You and your daughter will cherish them I'm sure;0. I am dreading the time when nap season is over. UG. I rely heavily on that time to relax and have a me minute. I feel for you! Happy Easter weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Payton still takes a nap so I don't know if I can be much help. She does fight it sometimes - but we always follow the same routine and put her down like normal. On the rare occasion she fights it, she will cry. But only for a few minutes and then she is out.

    I would recommend putting her in her crib every day. If she doesn't sleep, maybe she will at least rest. Make sure she has books in there - that would give you some quiet time!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is such a cutie pie! And it looks as though we might be neighbors, too! :D

    ReplyDelete