Friday, September 30, 2011

Homecoming Parade 2011

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is glad it's finally Friday!

This morning I got up, did some cleaning around the house, and then met my Aunt Sherrie to pick up Kerriann!  She went to stay with her on Wednesday morning and I have really been missing her!  I've been using the time to get ready for my first midterm on Tuesday, so it was great for me to have some time to focus.  I know she always has a great time visiting Aunt Sherrie, Uncle John, and Harvey, as well as Chris and Brandon if they're around.  I'm told they had lots of tea parties and took Harvey for walks.  I know they really wore her out, because she took a 2.5 hour nap for me this afternoon!  This might have been an all time record for her!  It was great because I was able to catch up on my laundry and cleaning around the house that I've been neglecting to study.

After Kerriann's nap, we picked Christiane up and went to the mall for a little while just to get out of the house.  After we were finished there, we went to the WVU homecoming parade.  My sorority was having a "watch party" at their house, so that was our first stop.  We met up with one of my best friends, former roommate, and bridesmaid (you might remember her from the wedding!), Katie, and her boyfriend there.  Katie was actually the homecoming queen two years ago (I'm so proud! ;)).

The following photos are horrible, yet kind of hilarious, hence why I'm not blowing them up as big as I normally make the photos on here...keep in mind that we had been standing out in the rain for an hour and that Kerriann is not a very cooperative photo subject! ;)




There weren't many people at the house that we knew, and I think Kerriann was making the little pledges nervous haha... so we headed outside into the rain.  It was in the 50's so pretty chilly compared to what we're used to!  We lasted about an hour before I decided we should probably get home.  Kerriann loved the parade so much.  Her favorite parts were the marching band, the dance teams and their music, and trying her first Three Musketeers bar.  She actually had two bite size candy bars and she was in HEAVEN!  Her facial expressions were hilarious as she was eating them.  I have never seen her so happy in my life.  She probably could have stayed at the parade all night but we were all soaking wet and it was getting close to bedtime, so we headed home for a nice warm bath and snack before bed.  We were able to Skype with Kevin for about 20 minutes which was really nice since she hasn't talked to him all week.

The weather is supposed to be just as bad, if not worse, for the homecoming football game tomorrow.  I'm disappointed because I was really looking forward to taking Kerriann to a few tailgates so she could meet some of my friends that are in town.  Hopefully the weather will hold out for at least an hour or so so we can get out and see everyone that made the trip into town!

Oh, and I forgot to add that the girls at the Chi Omega house taught Kerriann to say "Go Chi O" and she even remembered it and said it to Kevin while we were talking on Skype tonight!  I think we have a future owl baby on our hands! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment