Monday, September 26, 2011

Quality time with Kerriann

On Sunday I was able to spend lots of quality time with Kerriann, which I needed very much!  For some reason I just wasn't feeling as good yesterday as I have been lately.  I guess it's normal to have "off" days.

When I woke up early Sunday I got ready as fast as I could so I could head down to Gassaway to pick up Kerriann.  I arrived around 10:30 and it was so great to be reunited with her!

My mom rode back to Morgantown with us so she could pick up her new car (aka Kevin's old car, it's so nice that we could sell it and keep it in the family!).  On the way we stopped to have lunch and run a couple of errands.

I gave my mom a quick tour of our new place and then she had to get back home.  Since it was in the 80's I decided it would be a good opportunity to spend some time out on our deck.  I gave Kerriann's water/sand table a good cleaning and then she had some fun playing with it and riding her tricycle.  We also spent some time playing in her play room (the basement) and watching tv.  We haven't had time to just hang out at our new house like that since... well... ever!




A quiet day was just what I needed to get back on track before the week started.  I didn't have class today, but I used my free time to start preparing for my first mid-term next week and work on my latest photojournalism assignment.  One of the photos that we need for class this week is a "detail" photo of something in nature.  I was really surprised to find that so many leaves were already falling around Morgantown.





I can't believe in the next month these beautiful flowers will be gone and all that will be left is fall scenery.  I'm going to miss the warm weather, but I have to say, I am ready for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment