Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One Week Down!

I am so happy to announce that we have survived our first week of separation!

This morning after I dropped Kerriann off at school, I had an in home check-up scheduled for insurance purposes.  After giving the nurse my precious blood, and listening to her go on and on about how hard I must have it and how horrible this time must be and how much she hated it when her husband was in the military (even though it was during peaceful times and he was NEVER deployed), I was able to get on with my morning.

I'm a little bit (10 chapters) behind in readings for my Public Relations case studies class, so I decided to get started on that.  These chapters are long and BORING but I felt like I had moved mountains after I finished the first chapter.  It only took 2.5 hours!  Then it was off to search the bookstore for a new sweatshirt for the big WVU/LSU football game this weekend and attend class.

After class it was time to pick up KA which is usually the best part of my day.  When I arrived, she was in her teacher's arms (as usual, but at least I know they give her love!), but she was not crying.  They said she had an even better day today, although she didn't nap.  I could definitely tell that she was a little sleep deprived this evening, but I am so proud of her for adapting so well and so quickly.

Lately neither one of us have been sleeping very well.  I've been waking up at least one or two times a night which is strange for me.  Last night when I woke up I could hear her making some noises in her room, so I'm not sure if she's been waking me up, or if we're both doing it on our own.  Hopefully it's just the changes that have been happening the past week and we'll both return to our normal sleep (and nap) schedules soon.

Here are a couple of pics of KA this evening after school...




She was too busy watching TV, dancing and reading to pose for a picture.  Please excuse my horrible photo quality from here on out.  I really, really, really miss my camera that could actually handle indoor lighting situations without blurring. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment