Sunday, September 25, 2011

I survived!

Yes that's right, I survived the big game weekend in Morgantown!  Sadly, my Mountaineers did not win, but it was still a great weekend and there was lots of WVU pride to be found everywhere you looked.

I had Friday off but I took Kerriann to school and used the rest of the morning to work on an assignment that I forgot was due on Thursday evening (oops!)... after I turned it in I decided to head up to the Mountainlair green to check out the ESPN Gameday situation.


I was excited to see that there were a ton of people hanging around all ready, as well as a mini tent city of people camping out waiting for the broadcast on Saturday morning.


Poor Tiger...


I was so mad, because I JUST missed Erin Andrews!  I was chatting with these guys and right after I left she showed up and then wore his hat as she did a broadcast on ESPN!


There was a rumor that she was supposed to show up around 11, but after waiting for a good 20 minutes I had to leave to go get ready for lunch with a few of my good friends that were in from out of town.  I don't have any pictures, but it was so great seeing them and catching up!

After lunch, I picked Kerriann up from school and then we made the trip down to my mom's house.  Kerriann spent the weekend with my parents and from what I'm told she had a great time visiting!  She went out for breakfast with my dad both days and was able to spend lots of time exploring outdoors at both of their houses.

So Friday night I got back into Morgantown around 10pm and met up with a few of my girlfriends to go downtown.  It was really nice to see them, but going out is just not the same for me these days.  I just don't enjoy the loud music and smoky air anymore.  It was impossible to even talk and catch up so I bailed out early (even though early was still 1:30am!).  My cousin Chris and his friend came to my rescue and after a quick stop for a midnight snack and to say hello to Christiane and her friends, I was home and in bed so we could rest up for game day.

Saturday did not really go as I had planned, but I still had a decent time.  I went over to Christiane's around 1 and hung out there for the day.  I wanted to meet up with some friends but it just didn't happen.  Luckily I was able to meet up with one of my best friends from high school.


It was so great to see Chase and catch up... not only did we go to high school together, but we lived in the same dorm freshman year so we know a lot of the same people and it was hilarious to reminisce about the old days together.  He goes to law school in VA now so I don't get to see him nearly as much as I wish I could!

Around 7:30 we decided to head into the game... well... I didn't make it in... he had to go in through a different gate and I could NOT get in through my gate.  The line was so long and it didn't move for 30 minutes.  I finally gave up around 8:30 and walked back to Christiane's where I watched the game.

So, even though the weekend did not turn out exactly as I had planned, it was still a great weekend and I'm really looking forward to the homecoming game next weekend as well!

PS I can't end this post without a shout out to my awesome cousin Chris who stayed with me over the weekend...


When I came home from picking Kerriann up he had done the dishes AND he took out the trash!  Chris, you are welcome to stay at my house anytime... but I'm sure you already knew that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment