Saturday, September 17, 2011

Recovery

Kerriann and I have spent the past two days recovering from this stressful week!

Yesterday she had her third day at preschool, and lucky for her, it was a short day.  She went from 9-3 while Mommy did some errands and cleaning.  Here is a picture of her eating breakfast before she left.


I also got to visit with my friend Autumn and her little boy Owen which was great.  I wanted to let Kerriann visit too, but they came during nap time so I couldn't pick her up from school until after their visit.  Hopefully the four of us will be able to get together soon now that we're finally living in the same town!

Kerriann is still having a hard time with school, but she has only been going three days now.  On Friday her daily sheet said that she had a better day, although she was crying again when I picked her up.  Her tears subsided quickly though, when I told her that we would be visiting Grandma and Pap-Pap this weekend.  Aunt Christiane was already waiting in the car, and she was excited to see her as well.

We spent last night just relaxing and getting settled in.  This morning we had breakfast with my dad and then he kept Kerriann for a couple of hours while I helped my mom and Christiane with a yard sale.


Kerriann got to play with all of the kittens who are growing up so fast!



It is amazing how big, cute and playful they are now.  My dad is still trying to persuade us to take one.  I think he has almost convinced me.  I don't think I'm ready to take one tomorrow, but maybe in a week or two once I get our house completely set up!  I'm worried about the extra responsibility, but I know that a little kitten would bring so much joy to Kerriann.  The past week has been really tough on her, so I'd love to do something extra special to help her adjust.  I'll keep you guys posted on what we decide! ;)

This afternoon we watched the WVU vs MD game at my dad's, which was great because WVU secured their third win!  After that we headed back to my mom's for dinner and more relaxing.

Here are a few more pictures from my dad's this afternoon... Kerriann is so into dancing these days and was busting a few moves on the porch.  She's very into saying "I want to dance" lately and it's so funny!






After dinner we gave Kerriann a bath and she was being hilarious.  She was squirming around everywhere in the bathtub and saying "I'm a fish, I'm going to float away!!!"  She even put her face in the water a couple of times.  She has never done that before and I was so upset I didn't have a camera to take video.  I really need to dig out my old point and shoot from a few years ago to take videos since Kevin has our other one with him.

Oh, and one more cute Kerriann moment from yesterday.  As we were driving home, Taylor Swift's song "Mean" came on the radio.  After it was over, Christiane and I hear Kerriann singing the words to the chorus perfectly!  "Some day I'll be living in a big old city, and all you're ever gonna be is mean..." it was so cute!  Again, I wish I had had a video camera, but we've been able to get her to do it a few times since then so hopefully I'll have proof of her singing skills soon.

And I know this is out of order, but Thursday night I was able to Skype with Kevin for the first (and only) time since Tuesday.  It was so great talking to him "face to face" again.  They don't officially have internet access in TX, but he was able to find a way to tether it through his phone.  Hopefully he'll be able to start Skyping with some friends and family members soon as well.


Ok and one more random thing... here is Kerriann's very first daily activity sheet from school and the first piece of art work she made for me!  I feel like she is growing up so fast!

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is adorable! Love all that curly blond hair. I am sure her fishy fun in the tub was just priceless!

    Happy Comment Love Day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by!

    the pics are adorable! and hopefully keriann settles into school pretty quickly and it becomes easier for her!

    have a great day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. your daughter is really cute :) i loved the little story about being a fish and floating away :)

    ReplyDelete