Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend Re-cap

This weekend was extremely uneventful in our household!  It has been raining almost non-stop since my last post (and even before, I guess I should say since Friday afternoon).  I am so tired of this wet weather, but it looks like it should be clearing up in the next day or two so we have that to look forward to.  We have just been doing what we can to keep busy inside, including having dance parties in the kitchen, playing dress-up, watching tv, and reading books in the "castle."



(The above photo is mainly for Kevin, because Kerriann is always talking about her new sparkly shoes that he didn't get to see before he left!)

Yesterday we didn't do anything!  Kerriann and I went to Christiane's for a couple of hours in the afternoon just to get out of the house, but there wasn't anything too exciting going on there.  The homecoming game still went on even though it poured all day, and I'm happy to say that my friend and sorority sister Julie Diamond was crowned WVU homecoming queen for 2011.  She is such a beautiful girl inside and out, and she definitely deserved this honor!  She and many of my other sisters were out campaigning every time I walked to class the past couple of weeks.  I actually used their campaigning for one of my photojournalism assignments because I needed to get shots of people interacting.


Congratulations again, Julie!


This morning we went to mass for the first time since moving here.  This is really the first time that we've had a chance between moving in, traveling, and having company.  We chose St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church after a recommendation from Kevin's Uncle Paul.  I really enjoyed the mass there and Kerriann did a great job.  The church has a very untraditional set up and the seats are arranged stadium style.  I wasn't sure how I would like that, but it was actually really nice because we could still see and hear everything from the back row (which is unusual when you're short!).  I was really hoping that they would have a nursery since the church is so big, but unfortunately they didn't.  I did notice that there were a lot of babies and younger kids though so hopefully we can make some friends.  We are going to become members at St. Francis and try to attend as much as possible.

Well... I have put off studying long enough... now that Kerriann is in bed and my daily post has been finished it's time to get moving!  Here are a couple more photos of Kerriann having lunch this afternoon after church.  Peanut butter sandwiches have definitely become the go-to lunch food in our house lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment