Friday, April 15, 2011

Exhausted...

Is the best word to describe how I'm feeling this morning.  Of course, I've yet to have my daily cup of coffee,  but I am so relieved that it is FINALLY FRIDAY!  (Included in this post are random pictures of Kerriann stacking blocks last night)

Yesterday was so busy.  Kerriann and I went to My Gym first thing in the morning, and then did some shopping related errands in Bel Air.  After that, we came back for Kerriann's nap (I finally finished the third Twilight book...don't make fun of me), and when she woke up we met a mom from My Gym, who also happens to live in our neighborhood, at our playground.  She has a son a couple of months older than Kerriann and we are both anxious to meet friends.


We chatted at the park and watched the kids play until the older kids showed up after school.  We then decided to go for a walk on one of the trails in Bulle Rock.  I'd never walked this particular trail, but I thought it was a good opportunity to scope it out while I had a walking buddy.  WOW was it a workout.  First of all, I expected most of the "trail" to be a paved flat walkway and it was NOT.  It was mostly unpaved and mostly uphill.  It was 70 degrees and sunny and I was wearing black pants and a black sweatshirt (thinking I'd be fine just standing around at the park, not expecting an extreme workout).  Did I mention I had eaten an early lunch and it was around 4pm when we started the walk?  We didn't get back to our condo until 6PM!!!  I was so exhausted by then that I had a peanut butter sandwich and Mac 'N Cheese for dinner-yuck!  Luckily Kerriann didn't mind the dinner menu!  Kevin had to fly nights so he didn't get home until around 10:30pm making for an even longer day than usual.


So today I'm just recovering from a busy day, while gearing up for a busy weekend!  Tomorrow the in-laws and brother in law are coming in for the night, and I am giving Kevin his birthday present.  His actual birthday is Monday, so I'm sure we'll find something fun to do Sunday and Monday to keep the celebrations going!

Hope everyone else has a wonderful weekend with their friends and families!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful she is! Visiting from the blog hop. Be blessed and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I found your blog at FTLOBs! I love the photo of her stacking blocks - too cute!

    ReplyDelete