Thursday, April 28, 2011

More Severe Weather

I had hoped to have most of my Easter pictures up by today, but with the crazy weather we've experienced the past 24 hours, it just didn't happen.  As a lot of you know, I'm terrified of tornados, and anytime we have warnings my life pretty much stops.  I honestly can't do anything productive!  I turn on The Weather Channel and try to keep Kerriann busy as I plan escape routes and think about all the "what ifs?"  Luckily, we don't have a lot of warnings in this area.  At least, I don't think that having three of them in less than three weeks has been normal.


The warnings started here around 2pm Wednesday and are supposed to end at 3pm this afternoon (10 more minutes!).  Last night the entire family slept horribly.  Kerriann woke up around 1:30 crying which is so abnormal for her.  I assumed it was because of the storm so I let her come into our bed.  I knew I'd end up paying for it, but I felt better having her tucked in between us "just in case."  She finally fell into a deep sleep about an hour later, but I was awake more than I slept for the rest of the night, and today I'm paying for it!  I was able to sneak in a little power nap, but I'm still feeling pretty groggy.  I'm just glad that the bad weather seems to have passed by us without too many problems.


With that said, I know there are so many people in the south, particularly in Alabama, who were not as lucky.  The Weather Channel has been saying that this might have been the worst outbreak of tornados in recorded history.  We were lucky that while we were in Alabama, we only had two really close calls.  The worst damage we ever saw was the neighbor's trampoline ending up on our roof.  So please say a prayer for all the people who were injured, killed or affected in any way by this extreme weather.  If you'd like to make a donation, you can do so through the Red Cross website or by texting REDCROSS to 90999.

1 comment:

  1. The weather is crazy, and I share your tornado "fear" sentiment! Thanks for the Red Cross info...

    Baby Talk without the Babble

    ReplyDelete