Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lazy Girly Weekend

Kerriann and I have really been "roughing it" lately.  Kevin has worked every day since our vacation ended, and then he left Friday for a boys outdoor adventure weekend bachelor party extravaganza with a few of his best friends.  He won't be home until late tonight, so Kerriann and I have been trying to keep ourselves busy.  I haven't been nearly as productive as I had hoped to be, but I have accomplished a few things and we've had a pretty nice weekend together!

Friday night we actually got to have dinner with Kevin and his friends while they waited out the Baltimore/DC/I-95 traffic situation.  Saturday we got up early and went to a My Gym class and then stopped to check out a flea market.  We didn't find any treasures, so after that we headed to the Christiana Mall.  We are having family portraits taken in a couple of weeks so I needed to scope out some wardrobe ideas.  We didn't have much luck, but it was nice to get out of the house and do a little window shopping.

Over the weekend I've also gotten some boxes packed and have made a little progress as far as de-cluttering.  I took three big bags to Goodwill yesterday.

Today I got up early with intentions of having an extremely productive day.  I have two stories for our neighborhood magazine "Life at the Rock" due on the 20th so I really needed to get to work on those.  Kerriann and I started the morning with an early breakfast at the Chesapeake Grill.  It was kind of embarrassing for me because she was singing songs so loud and the restaurant was so quiet, but hopefully everyone thought she was cute rather than disruptive!  We came home and I wrote a rough draft for one of my stories, painted our toenails and now we are headed to a nearby furniture store.  We need to pick up two more chairs for our kitchen table before we leave the area, and a place that carries them is having a 60% off sale so I'm hoping they're included!

I wish I had some photos to share from the weekend, but sadly I do not.  I'm embarrassed to admit that my memory card has been plugged into the computer since I loaded the pictures from Kerriann's birthday party last weekend.  We just haven't really done anything photo worthy.  Of course I have a few low quality ones on my phone, but they're so blurry you can barely tell what's going on.  I'll try to be better about taking more this week... I feel bad that I've missed documenting a week of Kerriann's life!  I'm going to post vacation and party pics soon so hopefully that will make up for it. :)

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment