Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Productive Day

It's 9:30pm and I'm still waiting up for Kevin, so I thought I'd write about one of the most productive days I've had in a long time!  This morning we woke up at our usual 7am and started to get ready for the day.  Kevin fed Kerriann breakfast while I took a shower, and then Kerriann and I left for our My Gym class in Bel Air which is about a 30 minute drive.  Kerriann loved the class as usual!  I really need to take some pictures next time we go so everyone can see how neat this place is.

After our class, we spent some time wandering around the mall in Bel Air.  Since we were all the way over there, it was a good opportunity to do some shopping for Kerriann.  All of a sudden her clothes are all way too small!  Her clothing size has finally caught up with her age-almost.  She's fitting perfectly into most 18 month clothes and a lot of her 12 month outfits (especially her jeans) are too small.  Looks like she might actually be in 18-24 month clothes by the time she's 2! :)  Because of her short skinny legs and big belly, we have a hard time finding jeans that fit her correctly.  They're usually either too short but right in the waist and legs or perfect for her tummy but huge everywhere else!  The only places that seem to have the right fit are Gap and Old Navy at times.  If anyone knows of any other places, let me know!

When we were finished with our jean shopping adventure, we headed home for lunch and our afternoon date with Dora the Explorer.  I try not to let KA watch too much TV, but she just loves Dora so I let her watch it from 12-1 while she's eating lunch.  It gives me an opportunity to make her food and mine as well, and also gives me the chance to actually eat mine while it's still warm.


Usually Kerriann takes her nap between 1 and 3, but today she decided that she was just "too big" for her nap.  She spent her 90 minutes of "quiet time" reading books to her bedtime friends.  She was exhausted for the remainder of the day, but I still had my quiet time so I couldn't be upset.  During her "nap" I was able to get 3 loads of laundry done, make a doctor appointment for myself, write 3 blog posts, unload the dishwasher, update my 365 Project Blog and set up an online bill paying system...pretty good if you ask me!



After nap time we did our best to keep busy, knowing that Kevin was going to have a late night.  We had an early dinner, played with some toys, built a book tower, and went outside on the balcony.  Kerriann really enjoyed going in and out as she pleased while I took a few pictures of her.  She was opening and closing the door, and knocking on it and talking about going to Meggie's house.  Of course she mentioned Jesse too! ;)



We spent the rest of our evening relaxing and talking to the birthday girl, Molly, on Skype.  We also got to say hello to Kaycee.  Unfortunately as soon as Kaycee called Kerriann maxed out and I had to put her to bed early at 8pm.  And so ends a productive day for my sidekick and me!  I realize this post was probably pretty boring for some, but maybe it will give you a better glimpse of what a day is like in our life lately.  Kevin should be home any minute so I'm off to wait for him and then get some sleep!

4 comments:

  1. Our days are strangely similar! ;) I love reading about your day! It let's me know that I'm not alone over here in housewife land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a reallly productive day!! nice!! i wish i could get myself into bed by 8 one of these nights so id be rested during the days! yes, id like to have the sleep schedule of a toddler :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great captures of your little sweet pea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney you are definitely not alone!

    Kimberly-wish I could be in bed at 8, too! My earliest is usually 10 which I'd say is pretty good ;)

    Angel-thanks for the compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete