Sunday, March 27, 2011

Photo-less Update

Our little family had our first weekend together in our new home since we moved in at the beginning of February and I have to say it was so great to stay put and not have to worry about packing, driving and traveling.  The weekend didn't turn out exactly how we had planned, but it was a still a good one nonetheless.  

Our plans changed so many times over the course of the past week, but we finally decided to stay in Havre de Grace.  My mother in law Katie, brother in laws Ryan and Sean and sister in law Alaina, and one of Ryan's friends were all supposed to visit on Saturday night to go out to celebrate Ryan's birthday (Happy 21st again by the way!).  

Kevin had Friday off, so as I mentioned in my previous post, we checked out Susquehanna State Park.  On Saturday morning we got a lot of work done around the house.  We even decided on a color scheme for our living area and bought matching pillows curtains, and dishes!  Pics to come of that soon.

That afternoon, Kerriann woke up from her nap with a cold, and I started to come down with one as well.  Then due to carelessness on our part, Alaina suffered an allergic reaction soon after they arrived on Saturday.  PSA:  to anyone who knows that a friend or family member has a severe food allergy -- please be cautious while eating at any restaurant that serves that food!  We're pretty sure the reaction can be traced back to Kerriann eating french fries (and then kissing Alaina on the cheek) that were fried in the same fryer as shellfish, so that tells you how careful you really have to be.  I know that both Kevin and I are going to be so so careful from now on, not only around Alaina but just people in general.  You never know who else out there has these severe allergies, and I think that is the biggest lesson that I have learned this weekend.  Luckily, Alaina's awesome husband happens to be a paramedic and always knows exactly what to do in these situations!  We are so relieved and thankful that Alaina is ok today and that she and Sean were able to keep calm and act quickly.

So after everything, we just decided a low key night at our condo was the best way to spend the evening.  We watched a couple of movies and had a pretty good time.  The only downside is that we wish we had had more time with Sean and Alaina... but hopefully we will see them again very soon!

I have to admit that I didn't take a single picture on Saturday!  This is the first day in ages that I can remember that happening.  Between getting the house ready for company and then all of the excitement Saturday night, there just wasn't time or a good chance.  Oh well, guess it happens! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! I'm a new follower from the All Week Blog Hop! :) I am a grandmother with two daughters in their 20's, a 2 yr old granddaughter, and a 4 yr old grandson!! I love your blog, it reminds me of my girls!! I would have never dreamed that someone with a food allergy could be affected like that!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow, Carol! :) I hope you have a wonderful day as well!

    ReplyDelete