Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Florida Trip-Day 2

On our second day of the trip, which was Friday, we ate breakfast in the restaurant again and then decided to go for a drive.  Our first stop was to see the murals close to my Grandma's new condo.  They were all so beautiful, bright and colorful.  This particular one even made farm animal noises-haha!  Notice Elmo had to come along for the ride.


After that, we stopped at a little shop that sold handmade items and really unique little gifts.  I tried to find something interesting for Kevin, but most of it was just too girly.  We almost ended up taking home a Dora pillowcase, but luckily I was able to distract Kerriann from it as we were leaving.  Her pillow pet is just fine for now, so I wanted to save the $15 ;).  This beautiful berry tree was right outside the shop so I tried to snap a few pictures of it... the sun was just so bright that there wasn't much I could do!


Next we took a drive through the country to check on Grandma's old house.  It was so nice to drive through those streets where we have so many memories.  I really miss seeing the beautiful sunsets over the canal there and the rows of orange orchards.  Kerriann decided to sneak in a quick nap as we drove... this is one of my new all time favorite photos I've taken of her.  Probably because I rarely see her in this state!  She just looks so innocent and sweet, and so similar to the tiny infant that I remember in her first few months.


Kerriann also wanted to take some pictures during our little outing... this is her "say cheese" face...


After that, we had a nice lunch at The Blue Crab, followed by a visit from a couple of Grandma's neighbors who were so excited to see Kerriann.  


We spent the remainder of the evening just visiting with Grandma.  


Around sunset we decided to take another drive although I can't remember exactly why.  Oh yeah, to find the golf course for my dad-haha!  I managed to take a few pictures of the sunset, but I really wish I had been in a better location.  It was BEAUTIFUL the way everything was in silhouette against the sunset over the lake.  These definitely don't do it justice, it was straight out of a postcard.




A beautiful end to another great day in Florida!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful shots, looks like a fun trip. Stopping by from FTLOB to follow and say hello. Always great to find other military wives to support :)

    ReplyDelete