Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

"May all the love and protection St. Patrick can give
Bless this family {and yours} as long as we live"


St. Patrick's Day has always been a favorite holiday of mine because of my Irish roots, and now, I even have a true Irish last name to be proud of!  I took the above saying from a desert dish that Kevin and I gave my mom for Christmas this year.  Her father's name was Patrick McDonough, so I knew it would hold special meaning for her.


There was no green beer or parades through the street for anyone in our family this year, my little Irish Princess and I spent our day doing laundry, filling up our car's gas tank, restocking our diaper supply, and other fun tasks that I've had to neglect the past few days.  We did get to visit my dad in the afternoon which was definitely the highlight of the day.  The high was 68 degrees so we spent an hour or so outside.  I REALLY needed that shot of vitamin D and I'm sure Kerriann did too.  She always loves running around his yard and had a great time as usual.  


In the warmer months we can always find four leaf clovers around my dad's pond, so we took a walk around it in search of some.  I guess it's still too early because we had no luck, although we did find a few daffodils that will be blooming anytime now!


Overall, it was a great day with so much to be thankful for...warm weather, the safety of our family and friends, and finally being able to get out of the house! :)  

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

4 comments:

  1. OMG, she just keeps getting cuter by the minute! I am glad you are feeling better and able to enjoy the beginning of spring. I wish I could be there for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie you have! And yay Spring!
    Stopping by from FTLOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so cute! You really captured some great photos! Love that the daffodils are coming up! Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a real cute girl! Your site is great! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete