Thursday, March 3, 2011

FL Trip Countdown

A week from today Kerriann, my dad and I will be in sunny Florida visiting my Grandma Lohr.  My dad mentioned a few months ago that he wanted to visit her this winter, so when I found out that Kevin was going away for training in March, I decided Kerriann and I would go along.  Kerriann has only met her Great-Grandma Lohr one time, so I know how much it will mean to her to have another visit from us.



Kevin, Kerriann and I visited Grandma Lohr last year during Valentine's Day Weekend.  I blogged about our visit on The Southern Life in this post.  We had such a great time, and Kerriann loved Grandma!  I'm sure we will have another great visit.


Sadly, Grandma is no longer living in her house in Lorida, so it will be kind of emotional visiting her at her new residence.  I have so many memories of spending time with our family at her house on the canal... all of us kids loved going for walks, riding the oversized tricycles, swimming in the pool and playing shuffle board.  Not to mention the beautiful sunsets!  I am sad that we won't be returning to her previous home, but I know that she loves where she is living now, and I also know that it is best for her.  From what she tells me her new place sounds really fun... they eat their meals together and have activities all day long.  Sounds like somewhere I'd love to live!!!



I probably won't be able to do any updating while I'm gone next week, but I'll have lots of pictures to post as soon as we return!  Pray for safe traveling for us during our trip, as well as for the traveling and training that Kevin will be doing.

1 comment: