Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Festivities

We spent our long weekend relaxing and enjoying being back together as a family after a two week separation.  It was so great to have Kevin back at home with us.




We had a festive dinner with Julie, Larry and Meggie.  On the menu was this patriotic taco dip, my famous "salsa chicken," Julie's pasta salad, fresh corn on the cob, a red white and blue cool whip and jello desert, and these sparkler drinks.

Kerriann had a great time reading and playing with Julie and Meggie.


After dinner we attended a desert and firework watch party at the Bulle Rock Resident's Club.  The fireworks over the bay were actually really far away so it was hard to see them, and it rained, but we still made the best of it!  They were handing out glow sticks and balloons to keep us occupied while we waited for the postponed fireworks.  Kerriann did decent staying up until 10pm (and slept until 8am the next day!!!!).


We also checked out a new park in Perryville as we were searching for possible birthday party locations.


Kerriann loved riding this "motorcycle."


We had a great 4th of July weekend and I am so happy and thankful that Kevin was able to be home to celebrate it with us.  Throughout the weekend I couldn't help but think of those who were separated from their families and the sacrifices that they make to keep the rest of us FREE and SAFE.  I know I used to take my freedoms for granted, though now that I am an Army Wife, I really appreciate and value what so many give up for us.  Thank you to all those who have or are serving and for the families who support them!  
I know I'm a day late, but Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment