Saturday, July 2, 2011

Baltimore Basilica

On Friday of my mom's visit, we visited the Baltimore Basilica.  I have been wanting to check it out for awhile now and I knew my mom would be interested in visiting it as well so this was the perfect opportunity!


We made it to the Basilica just in time to participate in a guided tour.


The tour guide was sort of hard to understand, but it was really neat to be able to go up on the alter...


and down below to the crypt and chapel (I actually couldn't go up on the alter because of the stroller, but my mom really enjoyed it!).









I wasn't able to learn as much as I had hoped about the nation's first cathedral from the tour, but one day I'm planning to do some research and figure out what we missed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I drove past this like a week or two ago and saw a wedding going on in it and have been DYING to know what it has looked like since! That is seriously gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was a beautiful wedding! It is definitely worth a stop sometime if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete