Friday, July 8, 2011

Hammerman Beach

On Monday we decided to check out Hammerman Beach at Gunpowder State Park.  I've heard good things about this place, but wanted to save my first visit for a day when Kevin could join us (just in case).


Well, to say I'm glad he was with us would be an understatement.



It was actually a HORRIBLE day to visit this beach.  I didn't realize how close it was to Eastern Ave (a semi sketchy area in Baltimore), and it seemed that the entire city of Baltimore had decided to celebrate the 4th at Hammerman Beach as well.


I spent the entire hour we were there guarding our bag while Kevin stayed by Kerriann's side at the edge of the water.  She had a good time playing in the sand, but by the end of the hour we were over it.


We decided that heading back to the Bulle Rock pool would be a much nicer way to spend our day.  In the end, we just ended up taking it easy at home for the rest of the afternoon which was fine by me!


No comments:

Post a Comment