Thursday, June 2, 2011

Another Week Gone By?

Has it really been almost a week since my last post?  How did that happen?

First off I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mother!  

Her birthday was yesterday, June 1, and I really hope she had a wonderful day.  Kerriann and I celebrated with her on Saturday (our last day in WV).  We went shopping in Charleston and had a nice dinner at a steakhouse that evening.  I'm so glad that we were able to celebrate with her, even if it was a little early.

On Saturday we were also able to meet up with Kaycee while we were at the mall.  It was so good to see her, as always. Kerriann had a great time putting on a dancing show for her and the rest of the mall while we chatted.  We were talking about how spoiled we are getting because we've seen each other so much over the past month.  I hope this doesn't change!  I've been so lucky to make so many trips home this spring.


On Sunday morning Kerriann and I had lunch with my dad and brother, Shannon, before leaving to return to Maryland.  We decided it would make more sense to drive to Patty's and stay there for the night, because we wanted to get together with the family on Monday to celebrate Memorial Day.  We were really excited to see Patty for the first time since her return to the US from Hong Kong.  Kevin flew in from CO and joined us at Patty's that evening.  It was so nice to have us all under one roof again!


We started our Memorial Day off with a visit to Great Falls (that was the name, right?) near Patty's house.  It was SO HOT but it felt great to get outside and get some exercise.  The falls were seriously raging from all of the storms lately.  It was so awesome to see, but a little scary thinking about what would happen if you fell in!




We spent the rest of the afternoon celebrating Memorial Day at Julie's house... but that's for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment