Monday, June 20, 2011

Mary's Wedding

Last Saturday we attended Mary's wedding in Fayetteville, WV.  Mary is in my sorority "family" in Chi Omega and we have always been pretty close!  Of course over the past couple of years it has been harder, but anytime we get together I feel like things go back to the way they were when we were both living in Morgantown together.  It was so great for our entire "family" to be reunited.  It has been forever since we were all in the same place at the same time.

The wedding was held at The Confluence Resort which was a beautiful outdoor location.  The whole wedding was exactly what I would have pictured for Mary and Robin.  The ceremony took place at this overlook.  We were all worried that it might rain, and it actually did sprinkle for a couple of minutes as we were waiting for the wedding party to enter, but it cleared just in time and the weather the rest of the evening was absolutely gorgeous.  Honestly, it was the perfect night to be outside and I'm so happy that it worked out like that for Mary and Robin's special day.






Mary looked so beautiful and stayed so true to her personal style, which I thought was so nice.  She didn't look like the typical bride, she was a more beautiful version of herself.  I loved her dress, hair and flowers.  She did such a great job planning.


This group of beautiful ladies are my Chi Omega sisters who were able to make it to the wedding... we all had a great time reuniting and I'm so glad we were all able to catch up and have fun just like old times!


A long overdue picture of our family, Mary, Emily, Erica and me.


I loved Mary's garter!  WVU colors!



The bridesmaids as well as Mary's sister gave speeches at the reception.  Mary's sisters speech brought most of us to tears!  She mentioned how she used to get jealous of Mary's relationship with her sorority "sisters," until she realized that we were all there for her when she wasn't able to be.  It's hard for me to paraphrase what she said, but it was such a sweet speech.  I'm so glad that I was there to hear it because it really reminded me of the reason why I joined a sorority in the first place, to have a family away from home.



Kevin and I are so happy that we were able to help you celebrate your wedding day Mary and Robin!  Congratulations again!  We wish you many years of happiness! 

1 comment: