Monday, June 20, 2011

Cookout at the Farm

Since Mary's wedding was only about an hour away from where my parent's live, we were able to stay with them last weekend.  On Sunday my Aunt Sherrie and Uncle John came down to join us for a cookout at my dad's farm.  My mom also joined us for the occasion which was great!

My aunt and uncle brought their dog Harvey along for the trip and Kerriann had a great time with him.  At first she was pretty apprehensive to be around him, but he's not much of a barker so she quickly warmed up to him.  Every time he was out of sight she would say "Where'd Harvey go?"


The cutest part of the day was as I was trying to take pictures of Harvey, my aunt kept saying "Harvey put your ears up," so as I told Kerriann to smile for a picture she grabbed her ears and said "put your ears up."  It was hilarious!  She provides such great entertainment for us!


On Friday night we stopped in Morgantown to stay with Christiane to break up the drive, so she came down to my parents for the weekend as well.  It was great to see her and spend some time with her as well!





Over the past few months my dad has slowly acquired a new pet.  This little kitty started coming around a few months ago and he noticed that it was very friendly.  He recently started to feed it and apparently it had kittens in his barn loft so he's decided to keep it around.  The poor thing is so skinny right now, but I know that he will do a good job nursing it back to health.  She has such a pretty face and beautiful eyes.  I can't wait to see how much better she looks next time I'm in town.







Being at home was so great as usual, especially because we were able to have Kevin there too!  Can't wait for the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment