Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

We spent the majority of our Memorial Day in Poolesville with Kevin's Aunt Julie's family and his Aunt Patty.  We had a great time eating lots of delicious food, chatting, and playing outside.  And I took about a million photos, so prepare for photo overload.  I was pretty excited to have my camera back after a long 10 days without it while Kevin was in Colorado.  I'm going to try to convince him to write a post about his trip and share some pictures, so stay tuned for that!

It was extremely hot on Memorial Day, so we waited for the evening to go outside.  At 7pm it was still in the lower 90's (this is MD people!) which is not normal for the end of May!  But we decided it was better to brave the heat than waste this beautiful day.

Here's "Jeshie" aka Jessie, one of Kerriann's favorite animals...


Kerriann had a great time pushing Minnie Mouse on the swing, and she even wanted to sit on the swing for a minute herself!



Meanwhile, Kevin, Julie, Meggie, David and Marisa started warming up for the softball game...


Don't mind my overly patriotic child... I get really into holidays if you haven't already noticed...




After the ballers were sufficiently warmed up, we decided to move our gathering to Stevens Park.  Kerriann had a blast playing on the playground while everyone else played on the softball field.



And this is when the evening took a turn for the messy.  She planted herself in this jungle gym thing where I couldn't get to her, and went to town in the dirt.  She was a MESS by the time I could reach her. Dirt everywhere!



I was finally able to get some backup and at least move her to the dugout, where she continued to play in the dirt.  Right after this she ate a mouthful of tiny rocks.  I had a slight freakout and then was reminded that this is completely normal for kids.  I'm going to have to keep reminding myself of that... I'm not a big fan of dirt!




After everyone was done, we decided it was time to get Kerriann home for a bath.  We stripped her down right after these last few pictures that really showcase how dirty even her face was.



Look, I even made it into a picture!


And here she is, nice and clean again after her bath!


I hope everyone else had a happy and relaxing Memorial Day.  
Thank you again to all of the brave men and women who we honor on this special day!

1 comment:

  1. I adore all of your pictures! They are so sharp and colorful... KA is a doll and you are all beautiful and handsome!
    Glad to hear you're having an awesome "summer" so far!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete