Friday, May 27, 2011

Last Week of May

The past few days have been spent relaxing and catching up with my family for the most part.  The week has been pretty uneventful yet busy at the same time.  Time seems to go by so much faster when we have people to meet up with during the week, and when we are able to get outside.

Monday we didn't do much, just met up with my dad for lunch and then spent some time walking around his yard.  This little guy was waiting for us in the driveway when we arrived.


Tuesday we met up with my mom for lunch and spent some time looking at the remainder of our wedding photos that we finally received.  Our home computer wasn't working that day so she brought her work laptop so I could check them out.  I was so impressed, and I guess it was worth the 7 month wait. ;)

That evening we had a cookout at my dad's house. 


Kerriann had a great time running around his yard as usual.


Maybe a little too much fun...


We were really lucky that most days this week the weather held out for us, even though we were predicted to get some of the same storms that were devastating the central US. 

On Wednesday I took Kerriann to a park in Flatwoods.  We took a walk around the loop first, and then I let her play at the playground.  It was a little bit too big for her, but she had a ball playing in the sand. 


This huge Elmo hat from the Dollar Store was the only hat I could locate for a toddler in all of Braxton County.  A smaller hat is definitely on my list for tomorrow when we go shopping.  Her hair is still so thin that I worry about her scalp burning now that we're having sunny 80-degree days.  By the way, if anyone with connections to the Flatwoods outlet mall is reading this, can we PLEASE get a Carter's or something baby related in this county?  It is sad that people have to drive an HOUR to get clothes anywhere decent, or at least half an hour to Wal-Mart of all places.  Ugh.  Anyways.


She was concentrating so hard on playing in the sand at the bottom of this slide.  Notice the string of drool in the second picture-haha.


After we were both completely covered in dirty wet sand, I decided it was time to head home for a bath.  Once she was nice and clean I tried to lay her down for a nap, with no success.  She was full of energy the rest of the evening.  At one point I was working on something and turned around and she was gone.  I heard something rustling in the laundry room and found her in there snuggled up on some blankets.  She's so funny!


She also spent some time playing with my mom's plants that evening.



(Ignore the red on her poor little arms, it's just eczema, although I'm currently accepting any suggestions you have for treatment... lotion just isn't doing the trick this year!)


Yesterday we had lunch with my mom and one of her co-workers at a great Italian restaurant.  Kerriann was so cute and pretty well behaved for the most part!  

After we were done we went to visit my dad and take advantage of his yard again.  It was great to spend the afternoon with him outside.


And those are my recaps of this week so far!

4 comments:

  1. Lovin' the steak - looks absolutely delicious! Also, what cute memories of your daughter - I am in love with that last dress she has on :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your site through FTLOB. I think it's great. Your daughter is too cute. I'll be back to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG THE STEAK PICTURE. WANT.

    Now that that's out of the way....

    That's such a shame that they don't have many baby stores in your area! I'm just wondering, do they have thrift stores? (a lot of times you can get great finds at a thrift store, especially for children and babies. Most of the stuff isn't even worn out since they grow so quickly.) You can get a bunch of things for cheap too, hats included, so you might want to try this route. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really sure that the area has thrift stores... it's seriously in the middle of nowhere! We don't live there anymore, luckily, we were just visiting my parents for a couple of weeks. I usually am sure to do my shopping before we go home since there are NO options there! And of course I am all about sales and consignment shops because they grow so quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete