Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Recap

So I know I just said that I wasn't really going to be blogging this week, but I have zero plans for the rest of the week so as of now I'm probably going to have more time that I did over the weekend.  Just excuse the poor quality, but I do want to remember everything that we did on the trip even if it is just through poor quality cell phone pics!

On Saturday we drove to Morgantown to move Christiane into her new apartment.  She is officially done with dorm living!  The weather was beautiful that day, perfect for unloading the car (and taking a few pictures on the front porch...I stole these from my mom because I couldn't get mine to load on her computer...it was extremely sunny so excuse the shadowed faces!). 


Her apartment is a little older than the one I had when I was living downtown, but the location is so perfect for game days that it makes up for it!  You can see the stadium from her porch.  I can't wait to visit and attend games with her this year.  Her roommates are two of her best friends from childhood, Alana (pictured above) and Mariah.

Sunday was such a busy day for us.  We started our morning by meeting my dad for breakfast at the diner in Gassaway.  I think that is the last time I am going to eat there.  The lady who is there every Sunday is so sweet, but the quality and sanitation just doesn't seem up to normal restaurant standards.  My dad finding a hair in his hash browns finalized my decision.

Anyways... after breakfast and a shower, Kerriann and I headed to Charleston to meet my friends Kaycee and Kelly for brunch at First Watch.  I love that restaurant and the delicious brunch there made up for the gross breakfast earlier in the morning.  Kerriann was a fan and shared my breakfast skillet... she even ate the avocado and tomato pieces which is pretty exciting considering I haven't been able to get her to eat any vegetables lately (besides potatoes).  After breakfast we walked down to the waterfront (can't remember the name for it though) and sat for a few minutes. 





Kelly and Kaycee are both so great with Kerriann!  And Kelly is actually newly engaged (you might remember her catching the bouquet at our wedding...see maybe the superstitions really are true!), so I can't wait for her to join me in mommy land eventually.  I can already see us planning some really cute play dates! ;)

Our time by the water didn't last long because Kerriann wanted to explore.  By that time it was getting late so we had to get going in order to make it back in time for our next activity of the day.

Shannon had an end of the season tennis BBQ at Holly Gray Park so we met him, my mom and dad out there.  It was our first HOT day of the year... 85 and sunny.  Luckily Kerriann and I both survived the afternoon without getting sunburn thanks to a little shade one of the coaches brought.  Kerriann had a great time socializing with some of the other moms and playing with the child sized tennis racquet that someone let her borrow.  She also enjoyed picking flowers.  She has loved doing that since my dad taught her how a few weeks ago.



It was a great but busy weekend!  I'm glad we enjoyed the weather because Gassaway is predicted to have rain for the next TEN DAYS!  Wish us luck that we can stay dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment