Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Second Mother's Day-2011

We had a pretty quiet Mother's Day this year, but it was still perfect.  Kevin was able to meet us in WV Thursday night after his week-long training in PA ended.  It was so nice to be able to spend the weekend with my daughter and my mother (and siblings and husband!).


We technically celebrated a day early by doing some shopping and eating out in Charleston on Saturday.  We thought it was better to not fight the crowds since Kerriann can only handle so much.


On Mother's Day morning we attended church at St. Thomas in Gassaway and then enjoyed a delicious brunch that some of the husband's from the church prepared.  This is a yearly tradition and I thought it was funny that I overheard the men "complaining" about how this is the busiest Sunday of the year, and even more people attend than for Easter and Christmas.  Poor guys, having to cook ONE MEAL ;).


Then for dinner my mom baked a huge chicken and made a great home cooked meal for all of us.  I felt bad that she was the one cooking, but she did a great job and I know we all really appreciated her effort. Maybe next year I will be experienced enough to attempt a dinner that fancy!


The only thing missing from the day was my mother in law, Katie.  I really wish that we could have had her along with the rest of Kevin's family there to celebrate.

*All of the photos were taken by Kevin before dinner.  For my Mother's Day gift all I wanted was a few shots with Kerriann.  It is almost impossible these days to get her to pose with us for pictures.  When we were sitting on the steps we were singing the theme song to her favorite show, "Max and Ruby" to try to get her to smile, but instead she was making all sorts of silly faces.  It was so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment