Wednesday, January 19, 2011

C&O Canal/Fletcher's Cove

After a severe bout of cabin fever, I decided to brave the frigid conditions to get some fresh air last weekend during Kerriann's nap.  Kevin, being the loving and understanding husband that he is, knew it was in our family's best interest, so he did a little job searching indoors while I enjoyed a little "me" time.

I was hoping to walk down the path along the water and relax, but I was surprised to find that the path I chose was on the very edge of the water where a kayaking class was going on!  I felt like a complete creep, because it actually wasn't a path you could really walk down, it was a dead end and all I could really do was watch, but oh well... at least I got my fresh air!

When I could no longer handle the embarrassment of being the lone spectator to the kayaking class, I decided to get back in the car and find a new spot.  I ended up at Fletcher's Cove which seemed like it would be a really nice place to hang out if it were about 35 degrees warmer!  I'm definitely going to keep this spot in mind for the spring.

Here are some pics I snapped during my little adventure... I really wanted to go crazy taking them since I was up close and personal with the class... but I tried to keep it to a minimum and only snap when the students and teacher weren't looking my direction ;)














No comments:

Post a Comment