Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Years Eve

This year Kevin and I spent New Years Eve in WV for the first time.  We usually go out with his friends, but since we were unable to make it to visit my family until so late in the year, we decided to go out with my friends instead!

We made plans to go to a dinner and party with some of my sorority sisters in Charleston, but the morning of the 31st Kerriann woke up with a fever and I also started to come down with a cold.  We decided it was best to cancel our plans and do something a little more low-key so we could stay with Kerriann that night.

We ended up going to my cousin Chris' restaurant, The Backwoods Grill, in Fairmont for an all you can eat seafood dinner.  I hate that we had to miss seeing my friends, but the dinner was amazing and we ended up having a really good time relaxing there and catching up with Chris and a few family friends.

In a way, it seems like our new years eve plans might (if we're lucky) reflect the type of year that 2011 will be for Kevin and me.  The past few years, just like our past few NYE plans, have been really crazy and anything but relaxing, but hopefully in 2011 we will settle into a new job (for Kevin), a new house, a new area, and a new routine way of life for the first time.  And we could not be more ready for these changes to occur... so here's to 2011 and all of the good that it will bring to our family and friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment