Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend at Grandma's

On Friday we packed up and decided to get out of Morgantown for a few days and spend some time with my parents.  We had a nice, quiet weekend in Gassaway.  We didn't really do much, but Kerriann really enjoyed herself.  She had plenty of time to play with her toys ("my toys" as she says) and read all of the special books that she loves from MY childhood...


Take "naps" with her babies and kitty on the floor... because she doesn't actually nap on the weekends anymore... only for her teachers at school!





As I'm looking back through these photos, I'm wondering if she needed this quiet weekend more than I did.  All weekend her favorite game was finding new places to snuggle up and lay down with her babies... including our suitcase full of clothes...


and the couch for a few cartoons this morning...


We were also able to see my dad and all of the guys a few times this weekend.  Everyone comes in to go hunting the week of Thanksgiving and most of them came in on Saturday to help do some work around the farm.  We had some great meals with them and Kerriann was the life of the party, as usual!  She even got her first bloody lip... she was really one of the guys haha!

Now we are back in Morgantown and trying to prepare for Thanksgiving on Thursday.  I will be hosting (with a little help from Aunt Sherrie) at my house for the first time this year, so there is a lot to be done between now and then.  Wish me luck, and if you're in Morgantown, feel free to stop by and visit us!

No comments:

Post a Comment