Tuesday, November 8, 2011

8 weeks!

We're eight weeks in!

I'm not going to lie and tell you that today was another great day, because despite the fact that it was 70 degrees and sunny, it wasn't.  I don't know what it was, but I've just been in a funk the past couple of days.  Maybe it's the fever and sore throat from over the weekend still dragging me down.  Maybe it's the presentation due Thursday and the portfolio due for my Leadership Minor capstone due tomorrow that I still have yet to assemble.  Or maybe it's just the fact that life can be so lonely during deployments, even when you're surrounded by people all day.  

It's probably just the fact that Kerriann didn't adjust her sleep cycles whatsoever due to the time change so we've been up at 6am the past two days (after falling asleep around midnight).  I'm really hoping that if I give her another few days she'll adapt.  Either that or we're moving from an 8pm to a 7pm bedtime.  Mommy needs her rest, too.

But enough about all of that.  I've been a total slacker the past week in the post department so I need to do some catching up.

My cousin Chris' birthday was Nov 5th, so we had plans for him and my cousin Brandon to stay with me over the weekend to celebrate and attend the WVU vs Louisville football game.  Unfortunately, the slightly sore throat I woke up with on Tuesday progressed into a much worse sore throat and by Friday evening I felt like I was coming down with a fever.  We had already made plans for Kerriann to stay with my Aunt Sherrie and Uncle John since I was going to have a full house, so we met them for dinner at Cheddars.  Christiane came along too, and after dinner we went back to my house to hang out until it was time to go out.  I just didn't think I could handle it, so I dropped off the others and went to bed.  I didn't really sleep that night, but there wasn't much more I could do than lay in bed.

By Saturday morning my fever broke (seriously, probably the shortest fever I've ever had, but I'm not complaining) and I decided I'd go over to Christiane's with everyone to tailgate before the game.  


I had a ticket, but just didn't feel well enough to go.  I hung out with her while the guys attended the game.  Unfortunately WVU did not do well... so after the game we went home to sleep off the loss.

Once we were all feeling a little more rested, we had a nice dinner at Outback for Chris' birthday (they have a gluten free menu-yay!).  Then we met up with a few friends and went out for a couple of hours.  


I played the DD role since I wasn't feeling 100%, but I still had a great time.  It was so nice to visit with my cousins and have their company all weekend.  I wish they could have stayed in town longer!

I spent most of Sunday working on my presentation that's due Thursday.  


After I'd logged a few hours working on it, I went to drop off Chris and pick up Kerriann.  It was so great to be reunited with her after the weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment