Tuesday, November 22, 2011

10 weeks

10 weeks... 10 weeks!  We are officially 10 weeks closer to the end of Kevin's deployment.

I am a firm believer in the fact that it is totally possible to turn a horrible day around after waking up on the wrong side of the bed.  I don't know what my issue was this morning, but I was in the worst mood.  We were able to Skype with Kevin for a few minutes after not really talking to him much the past week, and I have felt guilty all day that I wasn't in a better mood for our chat.  He's been sick and extremely busy on top of that, so I know it wasn't that he was trying to ignore us, but not being able to REALLY talk to him lately has been getting to me.  I'm sure all spouses have these moments while their better halves are deployed, but that doesn't make it ok.

After we ended our conversation and as I was driving Kerriann to school, it really started to hit me that I had no reason to be in a funk.  As of now, Kevin is safe, and that is all that I should really care about.  I am extremely thankful that he is not in a more dangerous situation, and that we are able to talk as much as we do.  I know it could be much worse.  I just need to keep this in the front of my mind as I wake up each morning, instead of being greedy and always wishing for more.

So as I drove home after dropping Kerriann off, I made a vow to be productive the rest of the day and also to be thankful for what I have.

With Christiane's help, we cleaned almost the entire house today and I did all of the grocery shopping for our big Thanksgiving feast on Thursday.  I also got to visit with my good friend, Kat, who hadn't seen Kerriann in ages.


She was so sweet and even brought her ice cream!


It was so great having her company tonight, and I really hope we can hang out again soon!

All in all, it was a great day, and I'm so glad that I had the chance to turn my day around early, instead of sulking all afternoon and evening.  I think it's important that we all take a look at what we already HAVE this week, instead of what we wish we had.  I'm so thankful for the life that I've been given, and if it came down to it I wouldn't change a thing (well... maybe except for bringing Kevin home ;)).

No comments:

Post a Comment