Thursday, February 24, 2011

Every Mile A Memory

As I promised you in THIS post, I am officially renaming my blog now that we are settled into our new lives, post-Ft. Rucker.  After four crazy months, we are finally settling into our own place and starting a new chapter in our lives.  

Over the past four months I have tried to think of a direction to take my blog... a new name.  The Southern Life was so easy to come up with!  I no longer want to have our last name "out there" so "The H Family" will no longer do it for me.  Call me crazy, but lately I've been semi-paranoid about stalkers, break-ins to our condo, you name it!  I guess it's just the newness of the area.  We don't know anyone yet which makes it hard to feel safe.  I hope I don't feel like this forever.

Anyways, back to the point of this post.  After much deliberation, I have decided to rename our blog "Every Mile A Memory."  Even though this is technically "our" family blog, I am obviously the only one doing the writing, and frankly, I'm getting a little bored with only posting family photos.  The (future) journalist in me is looking for more out of this little space that I call my own, and I really have made it a goal to do a lot more talking (typing) from now on.  Yes, I'm sure I'll have busy days, weeks, and even months where we're traveling so all I do is post pictures, but for the most part, I want to do more than that.  So prepare yourself for more of my ramblings from now on! ;)

The reason I chose "Every Mile A Memory" for the name of my blog has a lot to do with the type of lifestyle we lead.  As most of you know, we do A LOT of traveling.  Kerriann is only 18 months old and has already visited 14 states and lived in two different ones!  We took her on her first road trip at barely two weeks, and we haven't stopped traveling since then.  

When I started blogging, I wanted to use it as a way to document our memories through pictures, and words.  I have a horrible memory, and I knew that I wouldn't remember most of the things that I've included in this blog.  I want to be able to show Kerriann what her life was like at this point in time.  I will admit that I've failed miserably at keeping her baby book up to date, but at least I have The Southern Life and this blog as a way to fill in the gaps.

Anyways, back to the title.  For me, every mile really is a memory!  No matter where we go and what we do from day to day, I want to remember these times.  From our bigger family vacations to our mundane trips to the park.  So, hopefully you were able to stay with me through the rambling.  I hope you enjoy reading about the memories we make as a family as we embark on this new chapter in our lives!

PS: What do you think of my new blog header?  I've been playing around and this is what I've come up with so far! 

1 comment: