Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Arlington National Cemetary

It seems that with the moving madness I've fallen behind on blogging again!  It happens with every major event (trips, holidays, visits, etc.) so I don't know why I'm surprised. ;)  I'm going to attempt to fill you in on what we've been up to for the past few weeks now even though it won't be in great detail!

A day before we found out that we would be moving the very next day (yes it really happened that fast!), I decided that Kerriann and I should take advantage of our location even if the weather wasn't always perfect.  To get out of the house I decided we'd take a little drive around DC to find a safe place to go for a walk.  Along the way we decided to check out Arlington National Cemetery.  I have always wanted to go and since the temperature was pretty warm for the time of year (45) we bundled up and headed out onto the grounds.

I know some people might think that it is strange that I picked this location, but it ended up being such a peaceful, reflective walk.  Of course, it was very sad at the same time.  These days, anything military related, especially having to do with death, really gets me into an emotional mood, but the place is so beautiful that it was hard to get too choked up.  Kerriann was such a good girl during the walk.  Silent and respectful as the signs ask!  I'm really glad that we were able to take this walk so I could do some thinking and reflect on different things happening in my life.  Hopefully we will be able to go back again soon to visit Kevin's grandfather who rests there.
















No comments:

Post a Comment