Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

I know I'm a little late on this, but Happy Valentine's Day to all of my friends, family, and loyal blog followers! :)  We had a really busy day yesterday, so there was no time to post.  I'm going to re-cap our day through photos now!

Kevin, Kerriann and I began our Valentine's Day by watching the sunrise from our bed... Kerriann is still sharing our room until we get hers set up, so she likes to join us for some cuddling each morning!
Because Kevin worked Saturday and Sunday, he had the day off!  So he ran out to get some eggs and other breakfast ingredients while I entertained Kerriann.  He came back with these for me...
And this for Kerriann to replace Grandma's balloon that escaped...
Then we exchanged cards... one for Daddy from Kerriann, one for Kevin from me, and one for Kerriann from Kevin and me...
We decided to utilize the entire day, so as soon as we had breakfast we were off to do some more furniture shopping.  Here's one of the tables that is a top pick for now...
After furniture shopping, I took a quick shower and we headed down to Potomac to do some cleaning.  We left Patty's house in such a hurry that there was no time for an intense deep cleaning.  Kevin and I took turns vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing, and mopping while Kerriann ran around and played with some of the toys we had left there (How romantic... and sorry I took no pictures of Kevin scrubbing the floors.  Probably should have as I'm not sure I'll ever see that sight again-haha!).

After we finished up at Patty's, we dropped Kerriann off at at Julie's house for the evening.  Kevin arranged for us to go out to dinner ALONE as his Valentine's Day gift to me.  How sweet!  He didn't tell me where we were going until we pulled in.  I was really shocked as we pulled into the parking lot for "Hunan Palace" with it's flickering sign, until we rounded the corner and parked in front of The Melting Pot!  I was relieved to say the least. ;)
The dinner was AMAZING!  We ate so much during the four course meal!  Bread, veggies and apples dipped in cheese followed by salads and then our main course of lobster, chicken, filet mignon and pork with a red wine dipping sauce.  Oh, and we can't forget the tasty red and white wine sangria!  After that we were treated to a huge and delicious desert and champagne toast.  I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my life!  I joked that the dinner was such a splurge because Kevin let me get 4 drinks... water, Diet Coke, Sangria and Champagne haha!  We were even given a complimentary photo of the two of us at dinner.  It's not an awesome picture because the smoke from the food is in front of my face, but it's a funny memory and I'm glad that we have it to document the day!
So our Valentine's Day was a huge success.  Kevin and I have never really done something romantic to celebrate and since this was our 4th Valentine's Day together, I thought it was about time! ;) He did a great job planning and it was so nice to spend one on one time with him, especially since we won't be able to celebrate together next year.  I have to say that after such a great night, I am already looking forward to Valentine's Day 2013. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment