Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kevin's Graduation

Kevin graduated from the US Army's flight school on November 9, 2010, after 19 long months of training at Ft. Rucker in Alabama.  It was a bittersweet day.  We were both so ready for him to be finished with the 14+ hour days and studying 24/7 even on the weekends.  But at the same time, it was hard to imagine leaving our friends and the only "home" we've known as a family.

The ceremony was beautiful and I felt so proud as I pinned Kevin's wings!  After it ended, we attended a lunch where the wives were honored.  I was even presented with a set of wings as well.  I still can't believe our time at Ft. Rucker is over, and that Kevin is officially a Blackhawk pilot!  Congrats, hunny!  I love you and no one deserves this honor more than you do!

The ceremony was held at the Aviation Museum at Ft. Rucker
The military band playing before the ceremony began

Kerriann admiring Daddy's pins
This is the type of helicopter I took my first ride in!


Kevin and the rest of the top 20% of his class, waiting to be called
The moment we've waited so long for!




Kerriann joining in on the clapping
November 9th graduates


Kevin's parents made it!


With Ashley and Denver, a couple of our first friends at Rucker
Marshall made it too!
Receiving my hard-earned wings ;)


Kevin with a few of his classmates
Post graduation pictures in our yard



Celebratory deserts that night

No comments:

Post a Comment