Saturday, January 21, 2012

End of Week Recap

The past week has been another crazy one for us. Last weekend was a three day weekend because of Martin Luther King Day on Monday, so Kerriann and I spent a quiet few days at home. We don't do that very often. I originally had planned to visit my parents, but the weather was looking a little questionable, and I was pretty worn out from the first week back at school, so I decided it was best to lay low.

Though I enjoyed spending quality one-on-one time with Kerriann, I was ready for her to go back to school Tuesday. My professors wasted no time assigning us homework and readings, and I was feeling a little nervous about starting the week feeling so unprepared. 

Tuesday was a normal, but busy, day for us. Kerriann went to school and I attended class all day. We got our team assignments for my capstone class which was the highlight of my day. I'm going to be working with a few of my classmates on an awareness campaign for the WVU Center for Civic Engagement. I know that this campaign is going to require a lot of work, but I know it will be worth it in the end when I have a great project to showcase in my portfolio. I love Morgantown and the WVU community so I'm really excited to do something that I know will benefit the area.

When Kerriann woke up Wednesday morning I could immediately tell that something was wrong. She was cranky and just looked miserable overall. Her nose was a little runny, but nothing too major. Since I only had one class that day I decided to keep her home. Aunt Christiane was nice enough to come over and stay with her for an hour while I went in. She seemed ok when I put her to bed Wednesday evening so I planned to take her to school as usual on Thursday morning.


When she woke up, she felt a little warm, but knowing that I had an extremely busy day ahead of me I sent her to school anyways. Probably not my best mommy moment, but at the time I didn't really see another option. After my first class I got a call from her school that she had a fever of 101, so I would have to come pick her up. This also meant that she wouldn't be able to attend school on Friday because they have to be fever free for 24 hours before coming back. I ended up missing a team meeting with my capstone group, but Christiane was able to watch her for my third class. I am so lucky to have her help!


So for the past few days I have just been trying to focus on getting her healthy again (while trying to keep myself healthy). I'm hoping I'm in the clear at this point, but only time will tell! 

Today Kerriann, Christiane and I met up with my dad and Chris for lunch as they were passing through town on the way to a hockey game in Pittsburgh. It was so great to see them and visit! I just wish they could have stayed longer. I persuaded them to come back to our house and do a few manly tasks for me which I really appreciated. My garbage disposal is still broken and my dishwasher is leaking but I guess those will have to wait for professional help on Monday!

So that's the boring, but necessary recap of our week. I'm really hoping that once I get Kerriann healthy and catch up on school work that I can get back to a better blogging routine. I really miss writing and I still have so many photos to share from Kevin's visit!

1 comment:

  1. Poor girl. She looks like she wasn't feeling good. Hope she's better!

    ReplyDelete