Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Tree Hunting

The weekend before Kevin came home Kerriann, Christiane and I went home to visit my parents for a night to help my mom put up and decorate her tree, and to cut down the tree for my dad's house.


We met up at the tree farm in Heaters, WV.  Cutting down the tree is one of my favorite Christmas traditions.  Buying a tree from a parking lot is just not for me.  Maybe I was spoiled growing up, but there is nothing like picking out a tree and cutting it down yourself to kick off the holidays!


It was freezing that afternoon, but Kerriann didn't seem to mind.  It was also extremely muddy, yet all she wanted to do was run away from us.  Christiane and I both ended up covered in mud from trying to wrangle her for the half hour that we were on the mountain.



It was harder than usual to find "the one" because disease had killed a lot of the type of tree that we were looking for.  Forgive me for forgetting what that type was ;).



Once we had the tree home, we set to work on decorating!


And Tica promptly claimed the spot under the tree as her favorite spot for the next few weeks.


Here is one from my phone of our completed work...


And one of Santa's little helpers...


And one more of Kerriann with the mini tree at my mom's.  She wanted to sit by Sponge Bob hahah... we took so many trying to get her to sit still, and that was the only way to persuade her!

No comments:

Post a Comment