Friday, February 11, 2011

Move In Updates

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update now that I have internet!  Tried to blog from my phone a couple of days ago but was unsuccessful, I'll have to get that figured out soon! 

Kerriann and I are in Gassaway for the weekend visiting my family during Kevin's drill weekend.  We planned the trip before we realized we would be moving, but I didn't want to back out at the last minute so we decided to come anyways! :)  Christiane is also coming home for the weekend (and should be here momentarily) so it will be fun to have the whole family here (minus Kevin, who we really miss!).

Kevin, Kerriann and I successfully moved into our new condo in Havre de Grace last Saturday and Sunday.  I first off want to thank Julie and Meggie S. for helping pack up our belongings at Patty's on Friday and for their help entertaining Kerriann again on Saturday as we were moving out.  Also, an even bigger thanks to Katie and Ryan H for helping with the actual moving and unloading process.  Kevin really gave Ryan a workout, having to unload the storage unit into a moving truck, and then unload the moving truck into our condo on the FOURTH FLOOR!  We are lucky that we have an elevator in the building, but I know it still wasn't an easy feat.  So, we owe these four family members big time for helping us out on such short notice because we could not have managed without them!

Monday Kevin, Kerriann and I ventured down to White Marsh to start searching for the various pieces of furniture we need to make our condo fully functioning, and the stress ended up being a little too much for me.  I ended up getting a horrible migraine that still has me recovering, four days later.  I am feeling much better now, though I'm still slightly sensitive to light and sound.  So between dealing with the migraine, Kerriann (who also caught a cold on Sunday), trying to unpack and put our house together so Kevin could at least use the kitchen over the weekend, and not having internet hooked up, I haven't had much time to catch up with anyone.  I apologize, and hopefully this coming week will be much better (and more productive!).  I'm hoping to have our condo visitor-ready as soon as possible! :)

So that's my update for now.  Not sure how much time I'll have to catch up anymore while I'm in WV, but I'll be back in full force next week!  For now, here's a picture of one of the beautiful sunrises that we've experienced from our new condo...

No comments:

Post a Comment