Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bulle Rock Playground

Last week we had a random, beautiful, warm sunny day, so after Kerriann's nap we took full advantage! It was still 66 degrees even at 3pm... so I loaded her into the stroller and we walked to the Bulle Rock playground for the first time.  

As we were walking down the sidewalk, we spotted a woman and her dog veer off onto a paved path.  I thought it would be nice to get a little exercise myself before taking KA to the playground, so I decided to follow her.  Unfortunately, even with temps in the 60's, there was still snow on the path.  Our Chicco stroller couldn't handle the terrain, so we turned around and headed in the direction of the park once more.

The playground wasn't exactly age appropriate, so I was forced to go through the maze of tunnels, stairs, and slides with Kerriann.  In the end it was worth it, because she really enjoyed it!  Hopefully in a few months she'll be able to tackle it on her own.  It was tricky chatting with a fellow Army wife as I went in and out!
At this point, Kerriann's afraid of the swings, but I'm hoping that will change in time as well!
Beside the playground are a couple of old historical buildings...
I'll get back to you on what they are!
There's also a huge "Tot Lot," so next time we'll be sure to pack a ball...

Kerriann had a great time exploring the playground...

Climbing under the swings instead of sitting in them...
Playing in the dirt...

Climbing up the stairs (check out the MD map in the background!)...

And when Kevin called to say he would be home in a few minutes, I decided it was time for us to head back to the condo.  Kerriann did not agree that it was time to leave and threw a huge fit until I handed over my cell phone!
Overall, it was a great day at the park, and I'm really looking forward to our next warm day!

No comments:

Post a Comment